Wojnarowski writes that the Rockets are ready to "sacrifice some long-term roster flexibility and go all-in with a legitimate third star" to partner with last year's MVP James Harden and Chris Paul in pursuit of an National Basketball Association championship.
The Rockets, considered the second best team in the Western Conference to the Golden State Warriors, are offering what constitutes the maximum number of first-round picks allowable in a deal, ESPN reported.
Given their early-season issues, it's not surprising that Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has reportedly renewed discussions on a possible trade for disgruntled Minnesota Timberwolves wing Jimmy Butler.
Conversations about the other players who would be involved in the deal have remained fluid.
A key date in Houston's pursuit of Butler could be next Wednesday, Oct. 31, league sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe. Both were acquired by Houston from the Phoenix Suns as part of the Ryan Anderson trade in August.More news: US, Mexico negotiate options for handling migrant caravan
More news: Son of murdered journalist Khashoggi leaves Saudi Arabia for US
More news: Jamie Lee Curtis smashes box office records, tweets the ideal reaction
Keith Olbermann reacts to Rockets new renewed bid to acquire Jimmy Butler that includes 4 first-round draft picks.
He can become a free agent at the end of the season, having turned down a contract extension from the Timberwolves over the summer.
Timberwolves coach Tom Thibodeau said he would have a nine-player lineup in Toronto, but it might be 10 depending on how Wiggins felt after the morning shootaround.
It's a massive offer for a star the Rockets obviously believe could be the missing piece to a championship juggernaut, though the Timberwolves have shown surprisingly little interest in dealing Butler, who requested a trade in the preseason.