The azaleas are in bloom and where else do you hear the term, “Amen Corner?” The Masters – golf’s first major championship tees off on April 7. Get yourself in the mood for birdies, eagles and a whole lot of green with WalletHub’s 2016 Masters By The Numbers report.
The report breaks down everything from projected ticket sales and the Masters’ economic impact to the cost of producing a green jacket and Georgia’s overall golf economy. They also tapped a panel of sports business experts and PGA management professionals for insights ranging from the future of fantasy golf to their expected winners. A few highlights are below:
- $3,975 – Average price of a 4-day pass purchased on the secondary market (down 36% from 2015).
- $34.75M – Estimated revenue from 2015 ticket sales.
- $250 – Cost of producing each green jacket.
- $10K – Annual dues for members of Augusta National Golf Club.
- 90% – Of the golf carts used in the world are produced in Georgia.
- 57K – Georgia jobs are supported by the golf industry.
There is a lot of information in this report and it gives great insight on the state of the Masters. To check out WalletHub’s full Masters 2016 By The Numbers report, please visit: http://wallethub.com/blog/masters-by-the-numbers/2965/.